Thursday, May 10, 2007


Police concede the search for Madeleine is winding down
Last updated at 19:24pm on 10th May 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The search for missing three-year-old Madeleine McCann, who was abducted in a holiday resort a week ago, is coming to an end, Portuguese police said tonight.

The Policia Judiciaria (PJ) said tonight that the search had not yet been called off but conceded that it was being wound down.

Chief Inspector Olegario Sousa said that a 200 kilometre (125 mile) square area had been searched, each area covered more than once by search and rescue and dog teams, as well as by more than one search team.

Chief Inspector Sousa said tonight: "The area that they covered until now, and all the places that have been checked, the results are zero." However he said the police are still pursuing many leads and that the search continues, though he did not confirm the police are specifically searching for three persons caught on a CCTV image.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The service station on the N22 near Lagos in Portugal, where CCTV footage passed to police shows a possible sighting of Madeleine McCann.

No comments: