Saturday, July 7, 2007

MOTHER AND DAUGHTER MISSING IN SAND MOUNTAIN

NO WORD ON MISSING MOTHER AND DAUGHTER - COMMUNITY SCARED.
July 7, 2007 09:16 AM

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There's still no word on a missing mother and daughter from Jackson county.

It's been more than 2 weeks since anyone's heard or seen Kimberly Whitton and her 11-year-old daughter, Haleigh Culwell.

Their disappearance has shaken their Sand Mountain community.

"I am terrified. I am absolutely terrified," a Section woman said.

Kim's husband, Barry Whitton, was a suspect in his first wife's murder.

Michelle Whitton was reported missing nearly 10 years ago.

6 weeks later she was found in a shallow grave. Investigators say she was beaten to death.

Barry Whitton was never charged.

People in Section say his current wife and stepdaughter's disappearance seems all too familiar.

"Everybody in Macedonia and Section, I would say 99-percent to my knowledge is aware of Barry and circumstances that happened in his past with his first wife. And they are all literally terrified of him and what he could do them," a Section woman said.

One of Kim's friends, also wanting to remain anonymous, says she's just concerned about finding Kim and Haleigh.

She's trying to remain hopeful.

"If she's out there, we love you Kim. Come home," Kim's unidentified friend said.

But she says the more time that passes, the harder it becomes.

This weekend will be especially difficult. Kim's 37th birthday is today.

"It makes me nervous. It makes me wonder why she hasn't called because I think she would call. I just hope that she's ok and that's not the reason that she's not calling," Kim's friend said.

Investigators say there's no evidence of foul play in Kim and Haleigh's disappearance.

Barry Whitton is not considered a suspect.

WAFF 48 News tried calling him for comment, but he did not answer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this about Haleigh and Kim. We continue to pray....no clues yet to thier whereabouts.

Zoltan said...

Anonymous- You are welcome. I have been following the case of Haleigh and Kim since a friend who lives in the area alerted me to their disappearance.

I am aware that Mr. Whitton had been detained on an unrelated weapons violations.

There doesn't seem to be much more than that at this time.

Prayers that Kim and Haleigh are found soon and you and the Sand Mountain Community get the answers you seek.

**Note to all who read here**

If you would like me to include a missing person on this blog please let me know. Silence helps no one.

I do not know of all the cases out there and can always 'Use a little help from my friends'.

Some cases garner little more than local attention. If you request it - It gets posted!